Bellefield’s unique Farm-to-Table program will go far beyond our own farm and agricultural center on site. Promoting local agriculture through education, community outreach, networking and hands-on on-site participation are bigger goals.
- Food grown in Bellefield’s sustainable organic gardens will not only be served in all of our restaurants and cafes, but will be available to residents for their own home-cooked meals.
- The Farm-to-Table philosophy gives local farmers a chance to market themselves while supporting and encouraging family farming, farmers markets and helping to preserve regional agricultural traditions.
- Empowered farmers have more of a voice in influencing public policy and politics.
- Bellefield will help to expand the understanding of the links between farming, food, health and local economics.
- Residents will have the option to have a plot of land in order to establish their own yard-to-table gardens.